Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bite-Size Potato Skins with Chipotle Ranch Dipping Sauce

These were a last minute side dish.  I was going to make my Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries, but when I realized I had way too much bacon than I needed, I browsed the web for a quick recipe (which really means I got on Pinterest).  The first few recipes I found required baking the potatoes for 40 minutes or so, but I didn't have that much time.  So, I was drawn to this recipe, because you boil the potato slices for 5 minutes and then bake for 15 minutes and you are done.  It totally worked.

THESE ARE SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD

MAKE THESE ASAP

I'm pretty sure I LOVE these

Got it?

With football season just around the corner, you guys need to keep this recipe on hand.  It is a perfect party food, because you can pick them up and eat them, no utensils needed. The chipotle ranch was incredible!  I love chipotle chili powder and I use it in so many dishes.  It adds an amazing smoky flavor to your dishes.  I purchased mine at the regular grocery store, so hopefully you won't have a hard time finding it.      
Bite-Size Potato Skins
From: Jenn@eatcakefordinner
(Printable Recipe) or (Printable with Picture)

2 med-large russet potatoes, unpeeled
seasoned salt
pepper
1 - 1 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar Cheese
6-8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
chopped green onions, for garnish, opt.

Wash the potatoes and slice into 1/4'' rounds.  Place in a pot of cold and salted water.  Bring to a boil, cover, and boil for 5 minutes.  Potatoes should be tender if you stick a fork in them, but not too soft.  Drain.  Pat dry with a paper-towel (I let mine sit in the colander for about 10 minutes while I did a few other things, so they were already dry).  Transfer slices to a foil-lined baking sheet.  Place them in a single layer.  Sprinkle a little pepper and seasoned salt over each slice.  Then, top each one with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.  Bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Remove from oven, allow to cool a few minutes, and serve with Chipotle Ranch Sauce or regular Ranch.  Serves: 4-6

Chipotle Ranch Dipping Sauce
1/4 c. ranch dressing
1/4. sour cream
1 tsp. chipotle chili powder, or to taste
1/2 tsp. garlic powder, or to taste
1/8 tsp. cayenne, opt. (I did not add)
a little salt and pepper

Stir together all ingredients and mix until well combined.  Refrigerate any leftovers.    


Idea from: Vittles and Bits

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca