Thursday, November 10, 2011

Red Velvet Cookies with a Cream Cheese Swirl and White Chocolate Chips

Can I just say - Yum!
These cookies turned out really good! They are soft and chewy and taste like a brownie with a slight red velvet flavor and I LOVE the addition of the white chocolate chips!  These would make a great addition to your Christmas treat list this year!  There is something about that pretty red color that makes you happy.  
Red Velvet Cookies with a Cream Cheese Swirl and White Chocolate Chips
slightly adapted from:  Amy Bites

1/2 c. unsalted butter, soft
1/3 c. + 2 Tbl. sugar
1/3 c. + 2 Tbl. light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbl. liquid red food coloring
4 Tbl. buttermilk
1 1/2 c. + 1 Tbl. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. white chocolate chips
2-3 oz. cream cheese, softened

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.  Add the red food coloring and mix to combine very well.  Add buttermilk and mix to combine.  Combine the flour, soda, salt and cocoa powder and slowly incorporate into wet ingredients.  Mix in the white chocolate chips.  Stop mixer and drop chunks of cream cheese all over the top of the dough.  Turn on mixer and mix for only a second or two, just to barely swirl in the cream cheese.  Or you could stir it by hand.  Using a small ice cream scoop, drop dough onto lightly greased baking sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Yield 24-30 cookies.

Jenn's Notes: I took Amy's recipe and adjusted it to my own taste.  The above recipe is exactly what I did.  These turned out so good and I will be making them again!  After I had dropped the dough onto the cookie sheet, I took very small amounts of some extra cream cheese and pressed into the top/sides of the cookies.  I did this because, I could barely see the swirl after mixing and I wanted it to stand out.  Honestly, I think these would be just as amazing without any cream cheese, because I loved the white chocolate chips so much! I got 28 cookies out of a full batch (that was after sneaking a few tastes of the dough)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca